Day 2: Diggin' Deep!

 5/9/23 9:01 PM


Total time: Seven Hours, fourteen total


Today I got to the studio earlier, at around 8:45. After shaking up some sleep, I went to an acoustic guitar and worked on some two string triad exercises that will help me come up with melodies (using the given scale degrees, it also helps with  identifying individual  notes on the fretboard.)  After doing that for about twenty-twenty five minutes, I went right into working out my song. I fiddled around with the chords and came up with a basic melody. Close to 10:00 I went outside with a notebook and journaled some lyrical concepts. I really dug deep into some ideas around stuff I have dealt with in the past. I then started writing lyrics to those themes. After a quick lunch I returned to the studio at around 1:00 and for an hour I fiddled with my song more, working out some of the lyrics I came up with to my new melody. I decided this part would be my chorus. I felt very happy about the first couple of lines. At 3:30, I met with Scott and he really liked the first two lines of my chorus, but gave me the suggestion to beef up the following lines and to continue working out the melody. It’s a slow process but this is my first original piece ever so it is to be expected, at least according to Scott. 


[I don’t have a video because I realized you have to post it to Youtube, but tomorrow there will be a video of my song sketch!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

Day 4: Juices Flowing

Week 2 Reflection