12: Wrapping up, lessons learned

 5/20/23 (Written 5/21, 11:15 AM)

.5 hours spent, approx. 84 hours total

I couldn’t believe it was the final day when Scott told me at the end of the day! I actually didn’t even know it was the final day until he reminded me when I came to record. Since I was over the minimum hours, I slept in and didn’t do anything project-related until 1:00. When I got to the studio, Scott said that it was too late to add other instruments to the mix because multi-tracking takes a lot of hours. I was initially disappointed, but I came to realize that I learned important lessons in this project, namely that  things take  time. We spent about a half an hour reviewing two takes of my songs. I was then tasked to listen to them on my own and decide which of the two takes I prefer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

6: Lyrical dilemmas

Week 2 Reflection