Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

 5/8/23, 5:00 PM, Seven hours total


I got to the music studio at around 9:30 and went right into some guitar practice for approximately 30 minutes (including warm ups and playing some songs I know.) I then moved onto Saxophone for about 45 minutes. I did an established warm up routine and then played some jazz standards I have been working on. At around 11 I went into a whisper room and started noodling on the guitar to find the chord progression for an original song. I came up with two basic chord progressions by about lunchtime. I returned an hour later and finished my session noodling on guitar some more. I experimented with some more “minor” sounding songs but kept revolving back to the first two progressions I had worked out. After activities at around 4:30, my mentor, Scott King, gave me some tips and gave me a capo to make the chords easier to play. (I only have videos and I can't post them for some reason, they won't load.)














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Juices Flowing

Week 2 Reflection