Day 10: Finally recording!

5/18 (Written 11:19 PM)
8 Hours (79 total)


I got to the recording studio at about 8:30. I started working on a song using a chord progression and riff that I had worked out on my guitar last night. I got a melody and started writing lyrics to it. I did this for a couple of hours, alternating between practicing my established song and working out my new one. I returned to the studio later today after lunch, 2:30 PM this time. However, I practiced for an hour again until band recording came along. Recording was very challenging as I didn’t have the lyrics memorized! Looking back, that was the crux of my problems. If I had my lyrics memorized this would’ve been a lot smoother. I came up with a semi decent recording, but I will try again tomorrow with the lyrics memorized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

6: Lyrical dilemmas

Week 2 Reflection