Day 11: Recording is Hard

5/19/23 (written 5/23/23, 11:14 AM)

83 hours total, 4 hours spent


Getting to the music studio at around 9, I only spent around two hours total on my project before the afternoon. I felt confident in my song playing-wise. I ran through it a bunch of times, practicing playing my song all the way through with a metronome. When the afternoon came around I finally got around to recording it. We did another three or so takes of the song, none of them were perfect. I came to realize that it takes skilled musicianship to be able to play a song all the way through on beat without messing up, especially when guitar, vocals, and harmonica are being recorded all in one. We spent about an hour and a half recording. It was the second to last day and after that Scott said for me to play the instruments on separate recordings for the next day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

6: Lyrical dilemmas

Week 2 Reflection