Day 5: Another Slump

 This was another down-point in my project’s trajectory. Not much was accomplished during that day.

Hours spent: 8

Total hours 38


I woke up groggy and tired just past 8:00. I got JJ’s breakfast and headed over to the studio by 9. Once at the studio I felt really tired and unmotivated so I started playing standard tunes on the acoustic  guitar (I was working on a Bob Dylan song, America [the band] and Cat Stevens.) I don’t count this towards my hours, as it was unstructured and had little to do with my song. I took a nap for an hour or so after lunch and finally got to my song by 1:30. I made little progress though, and by band recording I had almost nothing more to show for my time. I spent an hour with Scott analyzing popular  songs, however, which I count towards my hours. These songs were amazing lyrically (along with everything else, of course) and they really told stories. This made me realize that my bridge could have lyrics and I could have a solo section in addition to the bridge. 


The main songs I liked most were “There Goes My Life” a country song written by Wendel Mobley. The second song I liked was “All Kinds Of Time” by Fountains of Wayne. 


1st song: https://youtu.be/xP-Sxfntdb4 


2nd song: https://youtu.be/AKcwJD3ky38 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

Day 4: Juices Flowing

Week 2 Reflection