Day 8

5/16 (written 5/18 10:49 PM)
Hours spent: 7
Total Hours: 55

This day I got to the music studio at 9:30.  Right away I started practicing my song. For the first hour I worked on guitar and singing at the same time. Then I started trying to play guitar and harmonica at the same time. I built off what I did the day prior and started to come up with melodies to play over my guitar on the harmonica. The most challenging part about this was keeping a steady strumming pattern while I blew into the harp. I did my best to combine single notes, chords, and bends on the harmonica to create some sort of melody. I drew inspiration from Bob Dylan, Neil Young, and Bruce Springsteen in this regard. My subsequent  band recording session was spent doing other stuff. After that I continued to play for about an hour before calling it quits. I surprisingly spent a total of about five hours doing just harmonica, singing, and guitar all in one. I love implementing the harmonica into my music and it’s hard to keep myself from getting all the different keys (each key in the musical alphabet has a corresponding harmonica.) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Brainstorming and warming up

Day 4: Juices Flowing

Week 2 Reflection